Night trips are four hours long. Your guide designed this trip with the fly fisherman in mind. This trip is friendly for all skill level of fly caster. Targeted species include tarpon, redfish and snook. You’ll start by watching the sunset and then we’ll catch fish on the fly under the stars in Charlotte Harbor.
- You should expect a typical full-day trip last six hours.
- I can accommodate two guests on my boat. Water will be provided by True Florida Expeditions.
- Fly rods and spinning rods; flies and lures
- Please be on time for departure to ensure we can make the most of your time on the water.
- Items may be harvested as allowed by Florida law (e.g. – shells, feathers, driftwood)
- Payment in full is due at the completion of your charter.
- Sunglasses (polarized highly recommended)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING
- Wading boots
- Fly rod(s). 7/8 weights for backcountry fishing. 11/12 weights for giant tarpon.
- Hat or visor (dark under brim is better for cutting glare off the water)
- Rain jacket (highly recommended in the summer months)
- Bring rub in sunscreen only. Spray sunscreen can make the deck of the boat unsafe.
- You are welcome to bring canned beverages and food. Alcoholic beverages are fine but are restricted to beer and wine. If at any point the Captain Leighton deems behavior unsafe during the trip he will return to the nearest safe area and no refund will be given. Just use good judgement anytime alcohol is involved.
- Bring a camera to capture all your memories.
IN THE EVENT OF
- Mechanical issues unfortunately occur. It is rare but does occur; if this happens we will make every effort to reschedule your trip or may refer you to another skilled captain.
- Weather is another of those pesky variables that change often, it is the Captain Leighton’s first priority to keep everyone safe, so please respect his decisions.