Kid’s Fishing Charters
Kid’s Fishing Expeditions
These trips are an introduction to fly fishing or light tackle fishing. The focus of the trip in addition to being fun is to build confidence with casting abilities. Captain Leighton will match species to the confidence and casting abilities of the angler. This will ensure an enjoyable experience and eliminate frustration for the young anglers. This experience is perfect for first timers looking for practice or young adults looking to capture their largest fish to date.
- You should expect a typical full-day trip last six hours.
- I can accommodate two guests on my boat. Water will be provided by True Florida Expeditions.
- Fly rods and spinning rods; flies and lures
- Please be on time for departure to ensure we can make the most of your time on the water.
- Items may be harvested as allowed by Florida law (e.g. – shells, feathers, driftwood)
- Payment in full is due at the completion of your charter.
- Sunglasses (polarized highly recommended)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING
- Hat or visor (dark under brim is better for cutting glare off the water)
- Rain jacket (highly recommended in the summer months)
- Bring rub in sunscreen only. Spray sunscreen can make the deck of the boat unsafe.
- You are welcome to bring canned beverages and food. Alcoholic beverages are fine for the adults but are restricted to beer and wine. If at any point the Captain Leighton deems behavior unsafe during the trip he will return to the nearest safe area and no refund will be given. Just use good judgement anytime alcohol is involved.
- Bring a camera to capture all your memories.
IN THE EVENT OF
- Mechanical issues unfortunately occur. It is rare but does occur; if this happens we will make every effort to reschedule your trip or may refer you to another skilled captain.
- Weather is another of those pesky variables that change often, it is the Captain Leighton’s first priority to keep everyone safe, so please respect his decisions.