Fly Fishing Charters
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not
provided a template of it's own.
Fly Fishing Charters –
Captain Leighton’s personal favorite trip is fly fishing. You will see his passion reflect that love. Expect his passion to be contagious. You’ll fly fish the extensive estuary in Charlotte Harbor near Boca Grande and Punta Gorda, Florida. Depending on the day you may stalk tailing redfish, have sight shots at large snook or find rolling tarpon in small creeks. We have a skinny water craft just for our fly fishing excursions in the backcountry of Boca Grande, Punta Gorda and Charlotte Harbor. If you love to wade fish that may be a possibility too. This is the skinny water fly fishing trip you’re looking for to experience true angling nirvana.
- You should expect a typical full-day trip last six hours.
- I can accommodate two guests on my boat. Water will be provided by True Florida Expeditions.
- Fly rods and flies
- Please be on time for departure to ensure we can make the most of your time on the water.
- Items may be harvested as allowed by Florida law (e.g. – shells, feathers, driftwood)
- Payment in full is due at the completion of your charter.
- Sunglasses (polarized highly recommended)
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING
- Wading boots
- Fly rod(s). 7/8 weights for backcountry fishing. 11/12 weights for giant tarpon.
- Hat or visor (dark under brim is better for cutting glare off the water)
- Rain jacket (highly recommended in the summer months)
- Bring rub in sunscreen only. Spray sunscreen can make the deck of the boat unsafe.
- You are welcome to bring canned beverages and food. Alcoholic beverages are fine but are restricted to beer and wine. If at any point the Captain Leighton deems behavior unsafe during the trip he will return to the nearest safe area and no refund will be given. Just use good judgement anytime alcohol is involved.
- Bring a camera to capture all your memories.
IN THE EVENT OF
- Mechanical issues unfortunately occur. It is rare but does occur; if this happens we will make every effort to reschedule your trip or may refer you to another skilled captain.
- Weather is another of those pesky variables that change often, it is the Captain Leighton’s first priority to keep everyone safe, so please respect his decisions.